Household hazardous wastes are accepted with no additional fee at four fixed collection sites in Seattle and King County. In addition to these four sites, the traveling Wastemobile provides household hazardous waste collection services within many communities in King County.
Saturday - Sunday, 10 a.m. — 5 p.m.
November 30-December 1, December 21-22, 2019
Tuesday - Friday, 8 a.m. — 4 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday, 9 a.m. — 5 p.m.
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
Sunday - Tuesday , 9:30 a.m. — 4:30 p.m.
July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day
Thursday - Saturday, 9:30 a.m. — 4:30 p.m.
July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
The following limits apply at all the household hazardous waste facilities:
- No Latex Paint
- No Professional Grade Pesticides and Herbicides
- Gasoline – limit 30 gallons
- Fluorescent Tubes and Bulbs – limit 10
- Batteries – limit 5 for auto batteries and 50 pounds for all batteries
- Marine Flares – limit 10
Once our flare container is full, no more flares may be accepted until the container is emptied. No flares are accepted at the Wastemobile.
- Container Size – no larger than 5 gallons
- Total Waste – limit 50 gallons per residential customer per day and 25 gallons for small businesses